Learn to set up, maintain and fault find common point machines and locking mechanisms including M3A, 84M, claw locks and spheroloks.
This short course provides signalling maintainers and installers with the skills and knowledge to perform basic installation, maintenance and fault finding on Westinghouse (Siemens) M3A and D84M points machines, spherolocks and claw locks.
The course covers both the mechanical and electrical aspects of point operation and maintenance.
This is a three day course. This includes theory, practical demonstrations and "hands on" practice.
- A history of signalling
- Introduction to points machines and their operation
- Layout and components - M3A, D84M, 84M, TD84M, Spherolocks and Claw Locks
- Mechanical set up of point machines
- Maintenance of points machines
- Testing including Facing Point Lock test, detection testing, correspondence and clutch testing
- Fault finding - typical symptoms and their causes.
All training activities include a strong practical component.
Our railway signalling training is delivered from our Broadmeadow training centre.
Training and assessment services are also available Australia wide. If you would like railway signal training delivered from your location in NSW, Victoria (VIC), South Australia (SA), Queensland (QLD), Western Australia (WA), Tasmania (TAS), Northern Territory (NT) or Australian Capital Territory (ACT) please contact us to discuss options and opportunities.
Courses are available on demand for groups of 4 or more.
Contact us for more information.