Signal Safeworking training for signal engineers, electricians and mechanical signalling personnel.
ST43 or ST144 signal safeworking training is mandatory training for signalling roles within the ARTC, Sydney Trains and John Holland railway networks. If your job role includes testing, certification, commissioning, like-for-like change overs, alterations or maintenance of signalling equipment (mechanical or electrical) you must complete ST144 or ST43 signal safeworking accreditation and regular ST43 or ST144 signal safeworking refresher/recertification training.
Contact us or view our training calendar for course dates. Email Us to book your place or call (02) 4040 9110.
The course has already received lots of positive feedback, a few extracts are below :
"We would like to congratulate you (Competency Australia) on a very well presented and informative ST 43 Course that myself and one of our Signalling Trainees attended.....Our company will definitely be using Competency Australia for further Staff Signalling Training"
"I really enjoyed the course, I've done many ST43 re-accreds in my 24 years but this was probably the most informative and less robotic course of them all"
"I highly enjoyed the course...Look forward to participating in more hopefully in the future"
"the course was very informative and helpful..it was easy to understand the subjects with the scenario(s)"
This course provides you with current knowledge of John Holland CRN Signal Safeworking Standards and procedures (also referred to as Manual J).
John Holland CRN signal safeworking (ST43) re-accreditation is a 2 day recertification course. 4-day CRN ST43 signal safeworking accreditation courses are also available through Competency Australia.
- TLIF2080 – Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- CPCCOHS1001A – Work Safely in the Construction Industry
- Working in Live Signalling Locations
- Previous completion of John Holland CRN ST43 is required for reaccreditation.
An understanding of signalling systems and principles is assumed.
In order to complete ST43 John Holland CRN Signal Safeworking 2-day recertification course, evidence of completion of the original course and subsequent refresher courses must be provided. Reaccreditation is required every 3 years.
The following topics are covered :
- Booking out and disconnection of signalling equipment
- Certifying, testing and booking equipment back into use
- Safeworking procedures related to like-for-like change over, alterations, renewals and maintenance activities
- Safeworking procedures related to re-railing
- Bridging authorities
- Failures, including irregularities and wrong-side failures
- Incident management and investigations