Learn the fundamentals of rail communication systems and their applications in this nationally recognised course
Without communication railways don't operate!
Communication is an essential component of any railway system. It affects every aspect of every railway, whether freight, passenger, metro or light rail. Which train; which load; where is the train going; who are the crew; when is it to leave? These are just some of the questions that arise for every journey.
In this nationally recognised training course we look at communication from a railway operations viewpoint, applying rail communications systems.
The course includes preparing to apply rail communications systems, recording and logging communications and ensuring safeworking systems are incorporated into communications systems.
- emergency management plans
- key concepts and definitions relating to rail communications systems
- key principles and practices associated with railway operations
- key rail industry regulatory requirements and standards
- rail industry terminology, including terminology used in rail industry standards and codes of practice
- rail regulatory framework
- rail SMSs
- Relevance of national and international standards to the rail industry
- accessing and using rail industry standards and safety management systems (SMSs)
- applying relevant safeworking and workplace procedures
- communicating effectively with others and interpreting complex information related to rail operations
- ensuring safeworking systems are incorporated into communications systems
- identifying job hazards and taking required action to minimise, control or eliminate identified hazards
- preparing to apply rail communications systems
- recording and logging communications
- researching relevant information
- reviewing regulatory information changes
There are no pre-requisites for this course. You may complete it alone or as a part of a diploma.
On successful completion of the course assessment, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency :
TLIW5100 Apply rail communications systems
Start earning your Diploma!
This unit counts as direct credit towards TLI50615 Diploma of Rail Operations Management
Contact us for more information