Nationally Recognised Training in Rail Asset Management
TLIW5002 Manage Rail Assets and Interfaces
This course is a core unit of TLI50615 Diploma of Rail Operations Management and covers the management of rail infrastructure and operational assets.
The course has been designed to provide skills and understanding in the area of rail reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS) as well as the wheel-rail interface and its management
Managing Rail Infrastructure and Operational Assets
- Rail assets and their lifecycles
- Asset components and functions
- Track inspection methodologies
- Inspection and maintenance regimes
- Asset maintenance plans
- Enhancing asset utilisation
Rail reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS)
- RAMS concepts are identified and explained
- Risk assessment is undertaken in relation to rail infrastructure RAMS
- Programs are developed and implemented to ensure RAMS are applied
- Impacts of safety requirements on rail network are identified, explained and taken into consideration.
Management of the wheel - rail interface
- Common defects and problems
- Rectification and preventative programs
- Methods for measuring and maintaining rail profiles
- Methods for maintaining rolling stock wheels.
On successful completion of the course assessment, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competency :
TLIW5002 - Manage rail assets and interfaces
Start earning your Diploma!
This unit counts as direct credit towards TLI50615 Diploma of Rail Operations Management
Contact Us for more information