Our training centre was built with one purpose in mind - to provide the rail signalling industry with independent, consistent, high quality hands-on training in a safe environment.
We use current equipment, comply with existing standards and re-create common faults and scenarios to build confidence without delaying trains or project deadlines.
As engineers we know from first hand experience that simple, theoretical conditions just don't exist in real life. Our students don't memorise parameters, procedures or settings - they are empowered with an understanding of systems and interactions. We teach the 'why' for a deeper application of the 'what' and 'how'.
We keep our class sizes small to ensure all individuals have a positive learning experience.
The training centre includes the following :
- Electrical laboratory room with monitoring and test equipment
- Control centre, including control panel and communications rack
- Relay room - complete with relays, communications and axle counter
- Cable fault panel
- Location case with operational track circuits
- Rail, ballast, signals, track boxes, point machines
- A variety of train detection equipment including axle counters, high voltage impulse, audio frequency and DC track circuits.
- Individual wiring racks for installation training
- Training room, assessment interview room and large meal area.
The interlocked and functional signalling system is in a warehouse environment - meaning that training can continue rain, hail or shine!